UE Institute - An Online Study Group for the Novice Practitioner
The process is simple:
A one-year survey of hand therapy topics, UE Institute is an online study tool developed to provide structure and support for new hand therapists, and to help mentoring pairs organize format and content. This program is free to ASHT members.
- Program is targeted to therapists with 0-3 years experience, as well as change of career therapists
- Includes one online lesson per month (with rotating instructors) from September 2018 to May 2019
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Identify one method of assessment for each topic in the syllabus
- Determine basic science and anatomy of nine different common hand therapy diagnoses
- Relate pathology to intervention for basic hand therapy diagnoses
- Skirven, T. M., Osterman, A. L., Fedorczyk, J. M., Amadio, P. C. (Eds.). (2011). Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Etremity (6th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Mosby. ISBN: 978-0-323-05602-1.
- Cooper, C. (Ed.).(2014). Fundamentals of Hand Therapy (2nd ed.). St. Louis, MS: Mosby. ISBN: 978-0-323-09104-6
* The required readings for each class will be provided to students upon registration.
Attendees earn 1 continuing education hour/0.1 CEU for each monthly session attended.
Post-Session UE Institute E-Community Q&A
After each live session, The UE Institute E-Community will host questions and answers sessions related to each monthly online session as well as general information and communication exchanges for novice hand therapists to advance their professional career and/or their preparation for the CHT exam.
Free for ASHT members but registration is required for each live monthly session.