UE Institute - An Online Study Group for the Novice Practitioner
Live Upper Extremity Institute
The process is simple:
A one-year survey of hand therapy topics, UE Institute is an online study tool developed to provide structure and support for new hand therapists, and to help mentoring pairs organize format and content. This program is free to ASHT members.
- Program is targeted to therapists with 0-3 years experience, as well as change of career therapists
- Includes one online lesson per month (with rotating instructors) from January 2020 to November 2020
At the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Identify one method of assessment for each topic in the syllabus
- Determine basic science and anatomy of nine different common hand therapy diagnoses
- Relate pathology to intervention for basic hand therapy diagnoses
- Skirven, T. M., Osterman, A. L., Fedorczyk, J. M., Amadio, P. C. (Eds.). (2011). Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Etremity (6th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Mosby. ISBN: 978-0-323-05602-1.
- Cooper, C. (Ed.).(2014). Fundamentals of Hand Therapy (2nd ed.). St. Louis, MS: Mosby. ISBN: 978-0-323-09104-6
* The required readings for each class will be provided to students upon registration.
Attendees earn 1 continuing education hour/0.1 CEU for each monthly session attended.
Attendees may submit questions during the live course session via the Question Box. Questions will be answered after the live session on the UE Institute e-Community.
Free for ASHT members, but registration is required for each live monthly session.
UE Institute Q&A Document:
For further information about this program, kindly access the UE Institute Q&A Document