When is the Annual Meeting?
The ASHT Annual Meeting is typically held in September or October. Be sure to save the date for the 42d Annual Meeting -- October 3-6, 2019 in Washington, DC.
How do I sign up to take the CHT exam?
The Hand Therapy Certification Examination is administered by the Hand Therapy Certification Commission (HTCC). You can contact HTCC at 800-860-7097 or visit their website at www.htcc.org.
Does ASHT have study materials for the CHT exam?
ASHT offers Test Prep for the CHT Exam, 3rd Edition. This is an updated, detailed reference tool for therapists working to earn the Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) credential. This edition features a text containing 13 core chapters addressing the core elements of hand therapy practice, as well as 20 additional online chapters, which continue the learning experience on topics such as burns, modalities, sprains and strains, electrodiagnostics and pediatric conditions.
What is the Mary Kasch Scholarship?
The Mary Kasch Hand Therapy Certification Scholarship is a financial scholarship awarded to a well-deserving occupational therapist or physical therapist preparing for the Hand Therapy Certification Examination. The application window is typically open January 1-March 1 of each year.
Does ASHT offer continuing education?
ASHT's Education Division works year round to offer valuable, up-to-the-moment educational opportunities. Currently, ASHT offers continuing education through:
- the ASHT Annual Meeting
- regional workshops, including Hands On Orthotics
- the Hand Therapy Review Course
- the Education on Tour traveling course
- the UE Institute, a monthly online study group for novice hand therapists
- home study courses and self-paced online courses, including webinars and the Journal Club
How do I find a hand therapist?
Find an ASHT member therapist in your area
How do I find a hand therapy clinic?
Locate a clinic near you
Do I have to be a CHT to become a member of ASHT?
ASHT membership is open to all Certified Hand Therapists, occupational therapists, physical therapists, occupational therapy assistants, physical therapy assistants, students, surgeons, nurse practitioners and other allied health professions.
ASHT has different levels of membership. Once you become a CHT, be sure to let Member Services know so your file can be updated. With your new CHT certification, you qualify for a membership discount and leadership opportunities.
How much is annual membership in ASHT?
ASHT membership is based on the calendar year — January 1 through December 31. A full year of membership is $250 — less than 70 cents a day. New members are eligible for prorated membership rates for their first year.
ASHT accepts checks made payable to ASHT, or Visa, MasterCard or American Express credit card payments. Installment payment plans are available in advance of the next dues cycle. Please contact Member Services at 856-380-6856 for more information.
How long will it take to process my membership application?
Once your hard copy membership application has been received by ASHT, please allow 7-10 business days to process. For faster processing, please consider joining/renewing online. New members will receive a welcome packet in the mail with your membership number and other information on your member benefits.
How do I renew my membership online?
What is my username and password?
If you have forgotten your username or password, please use the "Request new password" option located under the green "Log in" tab at the top of your screen. You will receive an email with the information. If your email has changed or you are having trouble recovering your information, please contact Member Services at 856-380-6856 or ASHT@asht.org.
What are the benefits of ASHT membership?
- Opportunities to network with hand therapists all over the world through our e-Community
- Access to the member-only benefits
- The latest practice trends, information on reimbursement, legislation and more
- Reduced member rates for continuing education opportunities, including the ASHT Annual Meeting
- Subscriptions to the Journal of Hand Therapy and the ASHT Times quarterly online newsletter
- Inclusion in the ASHT Find a Therapist directory, accessible to the public and referrers
- Discounted prices on products and publications
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills through professional involvement and volunteer positions
I renewed my membership halfway through the year. Do I get back copies of the Journal of Hand Therapy?
If you renew prior to July 1, you will receive back copies to the start of the year. If your renewal is received after July 1, you will receive only the remaining issues for the year, but still be able to access the back issues online.
Why do I have to pay for a full year of membership when I renew in the middle of the year?
Membership subscriptions are generally one of two types:
- health club or DVD rental type of membership -- pay as you go, $X per month
- professional membership where your membership dues not only offer tangible member benefits and discounts, they support and protect the future of your profession
Your ASHT professional membership dues help ASHT create resources, monitor and act on legislative and regulatory information that directly impact hand therapists, advocate for the profession, promote the visibility of Certified Hand Therapists as specialists in their field of practice, create and deliver continuing education opportunities, promote research and evidence-based practice and deliver tangible membership benefits.
ASHT's efforts in support of the profession take place year round. We ask those who benefit from these efforts to support ASHT by paying an annual dues payment.
How can I volunteer with ASHT?
Review our current volunteer opportunities