CHT Exam Resources
Are you getting ready to sit for the CHT Exam? Did you know ASHT has a discussion group to support exam candidates? Share resources, seek assistance, maybe connect with others in your area to form a study group.
Hand Therapy Review Course
ASHT offers a Hand Therapy Review Course four times a year, providing a comprehensive review of the evaluation and intervention processes pursued for typical diagnoses in upper extremity rehabilitation. Particular focus is placed on clinical reasoning, case discussion and evidence-based practice. The course also offers a structured study approach to upper extremity rehabilitation that may serve as a means to prepare for the CHT Exam.
HTCC Study Group Match
As a public service to exam candidates, the Hand Therapy Certification Commission offers a directory of independent study groups. Please be aware that HTCC does not review or endorse any study group or its organization, content or study method.
Mary Kasch Hand Therapy Certification Scholarship
Did you know the Hand Therapy Tri-Alliance (ASHT, HTCC, AHTF) offers the Mary Kasch Hand Therapy Certification Scholarship? This is a financial scholarship awarded to a well-deserving occupational therapist or physical therapist preparing for the hand therapy certification examination. The application period is January 1 to March 1 each year.
ASHT’s Test Prep for the CHT Exam, 4th Edition: Study Outline & Clinical Reference
This detailed reference tool was updated in 2021 for therapists desiring to update their knowledge or earn the Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) credential. This edition has been reformatted and updated including current evidence, color photos, improved study questions with answers and rationale included, all chapters in printed form, and available online CEU exam.
ASHT’s Test Prep for the CHT Exam, 4th Edition: Study Outline and Clinical Reference, is a detailed reference tool for therapists desiring to earn the Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) credential. ASHT has created a valuable resource for referencing relevant anatomy, surgical procedures, treatment progressions, and orthotic regimens for the various diagnoses that therapists treat on a daily basis.
This book covers 28 chapters encompassing topics relevant to an upper extremity therapist. It addresses evaluation and treatment of common hand, wrist, elbow, and shoulder conditions as well as special topics including physical agent modalities, pediatric conditions, manual therapy, amputations and prosthetics, and burns.
Multiple-choice questions are updated at the end of each chapter to review material and assess overall comprehension. Each question includes an answer with the rationale to facilitate clinical reasoning.
The book includes a continuing education opportunity for an additional fee. The exam includes 200 multiple choice questions and upon successful completion, the answers and rationale will be available for review. Please note: Those taking the exam will receive a score and may take the exam an unlimited number of times until achieving a passing score of 80%.
- ASHT is now accepting advance orders for the new 4th edition book, Test Prep for the CHT Exam, 4th Edition: Study Outline and Clinical Reference. Your may purchase the book by clicking the "Buy Now!" orange button shown below. The book will ship the week of October 4th.
- A 30% discount is being offered to those who already purchased the 3rd edition of the book in 2021. To receive your discount, please order the 4th edition book by contacting ASHT directly via firstname.lastname@example.org or call 856-380-6856.
- If you are preparing for the November CHT Exam and would like to receive a copy of the 3rd edition now, ASHT will send you the 3rd edition immediately. To order your book, please contact ASHT directly via email@example.com or call 856-380-6856.
Access to Online Content - For the 3rd Edition Book Only
- I purchased the Test Prep for the CHT Exam, 3rd Edition + Online Content
Click here to access the online content.
- I purchased the Test Prep for the CHT Exam, 3rd Edition + Online Content + CE
Click here to access the online content.