ASHT is happy to provide members with the opportunity to enhance research through access to a pool of qualified survey respondents, to support the mission of the Society and to advance the specialty of hand therapy through the development of evidence-based medicine.
ASHT offers a members-only benefit that includes the distribution of an approved research survey, at no charge, for ASHT members. If you or anyone on your research team is an ASHT member, we would be happy to vet and distribute the survey, if approved. Unfortunately, ASHT is unable to distribute a research survey unless someone on the investigation team is an active ASHT member.
Survey Application Process
- As part of the survey application process, the researcher should email the following documents to email@example.com for review by the ASHT Research Division:
- A study description that includes the researcher(s) names, survey title and brief purpose/summary
- The complete research survey
- If approved, ASHT will distribute the survey on the researcher's behalf to its membership.
- If edits are required, the researcher will make required edits and resubmit for final approval.
- The application review process takes approximately two to three months from receipt of all of the required documents.
Survey Distribution Process
- Upon approval, the researcher will sign and complete the ASHT Research Division Approval Form. Kindly email the signed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The researcher will provide ASHT with an electronic link to the research survey to be included in the email.
- ASHT will distribute the survey via two separate emails, approximately two weeks apart.
- The researcher will collect and analyze results.
Survey Tool - Respondent Disclaimer
The American Society of Hand Therapists (ASHT) provides member mailing lists free of charge to ASHT members wishing to conduct research surveys. Prior to survey distribution, the survey is reviewed by the ASHT Research Division and feedback offered where appropriate. This service is provided by ASHT to support hand therapy research and as a member service.
All surveys are developed and distributed in good faith. ASHT does not endorse or otherwise take responsibility for the contents of any surveys created by a user of this service.
Survey respondents should refer to the particular user to understand the privacy practices applicable to the information the user is collecting. ASHT does not review‚ comment upon or monitor its users’ compliance with their respective privacy policies or applicable privacy laws. ASHT is not responsible to survey respondents for the privacy practices of users.