ASHT offers year-round continuing education opportunities through:
- the ASHT Annual Meeting
- the Hands On Orthotics workshops, a custom-designed, lab-intensive course targeted to specific orthosis fabrication needs
- the Hand Therapy Review Course, which provides a comprehensive review of the evaluation and intervention processes pursued for typical diagnoses in upper extremity rehabilitation
- Education On Tour, a traveling course delivering dynamic, evidence-based educational opportunities
- home study and self-paced courses including webinars and Journal Club chats
- co-sponsored courses with allied-health organizations
Continuing education activities offered by ASHT undergo a stringent qualification process to ensure evidence-informed practice. ASHT offers CEUs that are recognized by the American Occupational Therapy Association, the Board of Certification, Inc. for Athletic Trainers, the Hand Therapy Certification Commission and state occupational therapy and physical therapy licensure boards.