The National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy, Inc. (NBCOT®) now offers to OTR® certificants FREE access to two online information research tools: You must be currently certified by NBCOT to obtain access to the services.
ProQuest Nursing & Allied Health Source / Proquest Medicine Indexing System
- Direct links to more than 7 million citations, 875 full-text titles and 12,000 full text dissertations sources from hundreds of renowned publications in the fields of science, medicine and technology.
- Joanna Briggs Institute Evidence-Based Research Tool
- Multicultural reports
- Study paths
- Enhanced search capability
- Online research management, writing and collaboration tool
- Format bibliographies using hundreds of available styles
- Format in-text citations
- Format footnotes & endnotes
- Find References from online resources
- Import from many online databases
To take advantage of these services, simply email your first name, last name and NBCOT certification number to email@example.com. NBCOT will then send you access information and instructions.
Don't delay - start using these valuable resources today!
APTA recognizes that physical therapists must be able to easily access clinical research if they are to practice evidence-based physical therapy as they provide clinical services. Did you know that APTA membership entitles you to access evidence-based practice resources and health care literature from the APTA Evidence & Research section?
Hooked on Evidence
Search article extractions or clinical scenarios for evidence related to physical therapy interventions. To date, 7093 extractions of articles related to physical therapy interventions have been entered into the database.
Open Door: APTA's Portal to Evidence-based Practice was developed in recognition of the importance of evidence-based practice to the achievement of the APTA's Vision 2020. Open Door provides access to several databases and health care literature from ProQuest, Joanna Briggs Institute, the Cochrane Library, and more. Open Door provides members easy access to journals and other resources relevant to clinical practice whenever and wherever they need it. Visit often for full-text access to research and articles from more than 2,500 leading clinical and academic publications on topics critical to clinical practice.
Research Journal Collections
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (CDSR) contains the full text of regularly updated systematic reviews and protocols for reviews of the effects of healthcare.
- Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) is a database of more than 350,000 abstracts of definitive randomized controlled trials and controlled clinical trials from around the globe.
- Cochrane Methodology Register (CMR) is a bibliography of publications which report on methods used in the conduct of controlled trials.
- Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects (DARE), contains structured abstracts of critical assessments of systematic reviews from a variety of medical journals.
- Health Technology Assessment s(HTA) database provides details of completed and ongoing health technology assessments (studies of the medical, social, ethical and economic implications of healthcare interventions) from around the world. The aim of the database is to improve the quality and cost-effectiveness of health care. In addition to systematic reviews, HTA contains ongoing and completed research based on trials, questionnaires and economic evaluations.
- NHS Economic Evaluation Database (NHS EED) assists decision-makers in the world of professional health care by providing information on the costs and effects of treatments, procedures, and drugs. The database contains over 6,000 abstracts of quality-assessed economic evaluations and more than 21,000 total record
CINAHL with Full Text (Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature)
CINAHL with Full Text is the premier database for bibliographic information about allied health and nursing research literature and topics. It indexes more than 3,000 journals, 600 in full text, and other periodicals from 17 allied health fields and nursing. The database contains more than 1,000,000 abstract records dating back to 1981. Search CINAHL separately or combined.
MEDLINE provides authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more. Created by the National Library of Medicine, MEDLINE uses MeSH(Medical Subject Headings) indexing with tree, tree hierarchy, subheadings and explosion capabilities to search citations from over 4,800 current biomedical journals. Search MEDLINE separately or combined with other databases like CINAHL.
SPORTDiscus with Full Text
A comprehensive source of full text for sports & sports medicine journals, providing full text for more than 520 journals. With full-text coverage dating back to 1985, SPORTDiscus with Full Text provides access to sport and fitness literature, identifying research literature on sport, physical fitness, and physical education topics. The database's records of citations, abstracts, and full text cover sports medicine, exercise psychology, biomechanics, training, physical education and fitness, and other sport- and fitness-related topics.
Accredited Colleges, a non-profit website, has put together a guide to online research. This free guide can be found at http://www.accreditedcolleges.com/guide-online-academic-research.