The Awards Committee conducts the society’s awards process through vetting of the awards applicants. The committee is responsible for selecting award recipients according to established criteria for the following awards:
- Nathalie Barr Lectureship Award
- Paul Brand Humanitarian Award
- Honorary Membership Award
- Lifetime Fellowship Award
- Joy MacDermid Lifetime Scientific Achievement Award
This committee is not responsible for ASHT Volunteer Recognition Awards (President’s Award, Gold Award, Outstanding Service Award), or ASHT Research Awards.
The committee will prepare an awards slate to present to the ASHT Board of Directors for approval, review and adhere to the awards calendar, solicit nominations and letters of recommendation, appraise documentation of each nominee and review credentials, participate in a conference call to discuss nominees and maintain confidentiality throughout the process. Upon completion, the committee will note any proposed process changes and submit to committee chair.
2018 Awards Committee
Lauren M. DeTullio, OTR/L, CHT (Chair)
Tara Ruppert, OTRL, CHT (Vice Chair)
Gretchen Bachman, OTD, OTR/L, MBA, CEAS, CHT
Jennifer M. Haines, MS, OTR/L, CHT
Mary Mundrane-Zweiacher, MPT, ATC, CHT
Jarod Mann, OTR/L, CHT
Gary Solomon, MBA, MS, OTR/L, CHT
Luci Patalano, MBA
Criteria to Serve on the Awards Committee
- Must be an Active, Associate or Affiliate member of ASHT
- Committee members are selected through the Call for Volunteers sent to membership in January
- Committee members serve three-year terms, and can be renewed annually following that term (pending board approval)
Applicant resumes are reviewed by committee chair and approved by the ASHT Board of Directors.
Note: No ASHT board member or Awards Committee member can be nominated for an award due to perceived conflict of interest. Members of the Awards Committee may solicit nominees for each award, but may not write the nomination letter or a letter of recommendation.
Interested in serving on a division or committee? Please review our current volunteer opportunities.