Date: October 17, 2018
Time: 6:00 PM PT / 7:00 PM MT / 8:00 PM CT / 9:00 PM ET
Deadline to register: October 17 at 3:00 PM ET
Presented by: Romina Astifidis, MS, PT, CHT
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify the structures and biomechanics of the shoulder and elbow joints
- Identify necessary components of assessment for examination of the shoulder and elbow
- Identify common pathology of the shoulder and elbow
Attendees earn 1 continuing education hour/0.1 CEU for this course.
The required readings for this course are:
Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity (6th ed.). Skirven, T. M., Osterman, A. L., Fedorczyk, J. M., Amadio, P. C. (Eds.).(2011). Philadelphia, PA: Mosby. ISBN: 978-0-323-05602-1
1. Review Chapters 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 10, 14, 93
2. View Video 3-1: "Anatomy of the Elbow and Proximal Radio-ulnar Joints" (Pratt 2010)
View Video 4-1: "Essential Anatomy of the Glenohumeral Joint" (Pratt 2010)
Fundamentals of Hand Therapy (2nd ed.). Cooper, C. (Ed.).(2014). St. Louis, MS: Mosby.
1. Review Chapters 22 & 23
Journal of Hand Therapy. April-June 2017
Read: Roy JS guest editor, "Special Issue: The Shoulder"
Free to ASHT members, but registration is required