Important Information on How to Register
When registering, please be certain that you complete the entire online registration process to ensure that you are indeed registered. Upon successfully registering, you will receive a registration confirmation email within 15 to 20 minutes, containing the session log-in information. If you do not receive a confirmation email and have checked your Spam folder, then you are not registered and need to go back and carefully complete the registration process again.
Date: January 16, 2019
Time: 6:00 PM PT / 7:00 PM MT / 8:00 PM CT / 9:00 PM ET
Deadline to register: January 16 at 3:00 PM ET
Presented by: Alessia DiGennaro Kerner, OTR/L, CHT and Karol Spraggs-Young, OTD, OTR/L, CHT
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify and understand fracture classification.
- Understand the phases of fracture healing.
- Differentiate between operative and nonoperative treatment approaches to fracture management.
- Review fractures of the hand by location and determine implications for therapy.
- Identify anatomy of the distal radioulnar joint and appreciate the biomechanics of the distal radioulnar joint.
- Differentiate between operative and nonoperative treatment of distal radius fractures.
- Appraise the literature for current treatment approaches for distal radius fractures.
- Develop a comprehensive therapeutic treatment plan and identify strategies to improve functional wrist range of motion for optimal ADL performance.
Attendees earn 1 continuing education hour/0.1 CEU for this course.
* Please note that only those individuals who register for the session will receive the handout and quiz for CE credit. The recording is available to all ASHT members.
The required readings for this course are:
Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity (6th ed.). Skirven, T. M., Osterman, A. L., Fedorczyk, J. M., Amadio, P. C. (Eds.).(2011). Philadelphia, PA: Mosby. ISBN: 978-0-323-05602-1
1. Review Chapters 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 69, 70
Fundamentals of Hand Therapy (2nd ed.). Cooper, C. (Ed.).(2014). St. Louis, MS: Mosby.
1. Review Chapters 25 and 27
Free to ASHT members, but registration is required