Time is Running Out!
Now that the new year has begun, it is my pleasure to offer this friendly reminder that ASHT membership dues must be received by January 31 to avoid any lapse in member benefits.
Think of your professional world if this happened to you --
- No Journal of Hand Therapy access next time you want to look for evidence to support a complex treatment intervention
- No access to the members-only sections of the ASHT website to help decipher the new evaluation codes and legislation affecting your practice
- No access to the e-Community to bounce ideas off of your colleagues
- No discounts to webinars and educational resources
- No free CEU opportunities by participating in our monthly Journal Club
Aside from these benefits of membership, the fact is that we need the power of our members in large numbers to work together to support our practice through a difficult landscape. Our voices will be amplified through our new legislative action center, and strong membership enhances our ability to communicate with payers and our other allied health organizations to make sure our profession is represented.
Lastly, 2017 is a year of celebration. Look forward to learning more about the 40 years of ASHT, and joining the celebration at our Annual Meeting in Anaheim.
I wish all of you a wonderful New Year, and thanks for being a member of ASHT!
Gary Solomon, MBA, MS, OTR/L, CHT
2016-2017 ASHT President