In this webinar, the speakers will discuss the latest treatment algorithms for scleroderma conditions in the hand. This will include discussion of calcinosis, PIP joint contractures and MCP joint contractures. The majority of the webinar with focus on surgical treatment of hand ischemia. The speakers will present the possibility of early sympathectomy surgery. Hand therapy pre- and post-surgery in scleroderma patients will be discussed.
- Recognize the pathophysiology of scleroderma
- Identify the algorithm for treatment of calcinosis and hand contractures
- Recognize the rationale for surgical treatment of hand ischemia
- Identify best practices for hand therapy in scleroderma patients
Presented by James Chang, MD and Susan Clark, OTR/L, CHT
Originally presented November 2018
Duration: One hour
CE Credit: 1 continuing education hour, or 0.1 CEU
Student Members $20
Student Non-Members $30
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.