Presenter(s): Jeffrey Yao, MD, FAAOS
Format: 45-50 minutes presentation. 10-15 minutes Q&A
Degenerative arthritis of the thumb carpometacarpal (CMC) joint is a common disorder that may affect anyone but most frequently affects the postmenopausal female population. Because of its high prevalence, the management of the condition has been a popular topic among hand surgeons and therapists worldwide. There are many decisions to consider when devising the appropriate treatment plan for each patient. This presentation will include X-ray, as well as images to demonstrate anatomy and procedure.
- Attendees will understand the anatomy and pathophysiology of 1st CMC OA.
- Attendees will appreciate Eaton stages, rationale for procedure.
- Attendees will become familiar with anticipated course of post-op care after arthroscopic Arthroplasty.
- Attendees will understand the role of button suspension in the procedure.
Attendees earn 1 CE hour for each webinar.
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.