Michael Nancollas, MD and Lynn Festa, OTR, CHT, CDWF
There are multiple modes of communication used in today’s healthcare environment, yet communication among providers has devolved, resulting in substandard outcomes and less satisfied patients. Despite the evidence that the odds of patient adherence are two times higher with effective communication, the demands of healthcare have made it more challenging for inter-provider collaboration. This webinar will focus on evidence-based strategies designed to improve interpersonal communication between the hand therapist and the referring provider. Best practices and recommendations that result in improved patient outcomes, increased referrals, and overall satisfaction for both the patient and the clinician will be reviewed.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Discuss optimal use of HIPPA compliant electronic devices as a mode of communication for improved patient outcomes
- Review evidence-based strategies for better interpersonal communication between healthcare providers
- Identify the challenges and discuss solutions for maximal communication and connection to enhance client-centered care
- Discuss strategies that promote effective teamwork in providing safe and effective care
Originally Presented: November 2019
Duration: One hour
CE Credit: 1 continuing education hour, or 0.1 CEU
Student Members $20
Student Non-Members $30
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.