This webinar will focus on management of trigger finger and trigger thumb in the pediatric patient. We will examine the differences between pediatric and adult trigger digits, differential diagnoses and treatment options. Conservative therapy with custom orthoses will be discussed as well as indications for surgery, surgical technique and post-operative care.
- Identify the differences between adult and pediatric trigger digits
- Differentiate between pediatric trigger digits and conditions such as clasped thumb or camptodactyly
- Identify the factors to consider when recommending conservative management versus surgical release of pediatric trigger digits
- Recognize the importance of MP and IP joint positioning and wearing schedule in orthosis fabrication
Presented by Hilton Gottschalk, MD and Karen Ayala, MS, OTR/L, CHT
Originally presented May 2019
Duration: One hour
CE Credit: 1 continuing education hour, or 0.1 CEU
Student Members $20
Student Non-Members $30
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.