Presenter: Rebecca Neiduski, PhD, OTR/L, CHT
Format: 45 minutes presentation. 15 minutes Q&A
Rehabilitation after flexor tendon repair can be filled with questions. When should I initiate rehabilitation? What motion should I begin with? What orthosis should I choose? What factors should inform progression? This webinar will provide strategies and evidence to help therapists answer these questions and pursue critical thinking about flexor tendon rehabilitation approaches.
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify optimal start time and precautions for rehabilitation.
- Identify the benefits of early motion on tendon healing.
- Identify interventions based on excursion, force and optimal timing.
- Identify strategies for progression based on valid and reliable measurement.
Presented by Rebecca Neiduski, PhD, OTR/L, CHT
Originally presented February 2016
Duration: One hour
CE Credit: 1 continuing education hour, or 0.1 CEU
Student Members $20
Student Non-Members $30
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.