Presenters: Nora Barrett, OTR/L, CHT
Format: 45 minutes presentation. 15 minutes Q&A
This webinar will cover the therapist’s management of the hand burn from acute injury through scar formation with rehabilitation implications including orthotics throughout each phase. Wound coverings and dressings will be discussed as well as scar management techniques that can also translate to the hand therapist treating non-burn wounds in the hand clinic.
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify burn wound characteristics, surgical options, and therapy priorities to promote healing and recovery.
- Identify major components of hand rehabilitation throughout phases of burn recovery.
- Recognize the purpose and use of orthotics throughout phases of burn healing and scar formation.
- Identify biomedical and topical wound coverings that may be useful in treating non-burn hand wounds in the outpatient setting.
Presented by Nora Barrett, OTR/L, CHT
Originally presented August 2016
Duration: One hour
CE Credit: 1 continuing education hour, or 0.1 CEU
Student Members $20
Student Non-Members $30
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.