Presenters: Joy MacDermid, PT, PhD
Format: 45 minutes presentation. 15 minutes Q&A
This webinar reviews the process and key elements needed to be successful in publishing in the Journal of Hand Therapy. In the brief introduction, the focus will be to outline the main themes and strategies that authors should consider when submitting a paper to optimize their chances of a favorable review. Principles will focus on both process and scientific writing. E-resources available to writers will be provided.
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- To identify the types of papers accepted by the Journal of Hand Therapy
- To recognize the review process and sources of delay
- To identify the structure and key content required in a scientific paper
- To recognize the common issues that lead to rejection
- To briefly identify key concepts in proper use of references
- To recognize the importance and use of reporting guidelines
- To identify attendee concerns and questions
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.