Aislinn Wyatt, CPO
Hand therapists are fundamental in the rehabilitation process of persons who have experienced partial hand amputations. As such, it is important that they are familiar with the latest technology to assist patients in achieving their goals. Recent advances in functional prosthetic intervention at the finger level are changing the paradigm for this population. This webinar will update and inform the ASHT community concerning technical advances in the finger amputation intervention space.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Compare the percentage of finger amputations to that of other upper extremity amputations.
- Recognize the impact finger amputations have on heavy manual laborers.
- Identify the current prosthetic interventions available for partial hand amputations.
- Recognize the important steps to create successful patient outcomes with body driven prostheses.
- Identify how therapists can help improve prosthetic function.
Originally Presented: December 2019
Duration: One hour
CE Credit: 1 continuing education hour, or 0.1 CEU
Student Members $0
Student Non-Members $0
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.