The webinar will focus on current state-of-the-art motor control concepts as they relate to upper extremity rehabilitation. The lecture will focus on the practical application of motor control essential in restoration of quality of life. The clinical examples will include treatment techniques and orthotics to maximize neuroplasticity and functional outcomes.
- Recognize how the brain changes with pathology to the upper extremity
- Recognize the vital impact of proper acute care of the traumatic hand and the impact on neuroplasticity
- Identify the value of hand therapy in reestablishing motor control essential for functional outcomes
- Recognize the basic Hebbian theory of motor control as it relates to upper extremity rehabilitation
- Recognize how occupational performance alters synaptic and structural potentiation and depression as it relates to function
The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.