Date: May 1, 2018
Time: 5:00 PM PT / 6:00 PM MT / 7:00 PM CT / 8:00 PM ET
Deadline to register: May 1 at 7:00 PM ET
Presented by: Aviva Wolff, EdD, OTR, CHT
Format: 45 minutes presentation, 15 minutes Q&A
This introductory webinar will introduce participants to the basic elements of the scientific and clinical research process. Topics covered will include an overview of levels of evidence in rehabilitation research and the types of studies conducted in the field of upper extremity rehabilitation. The case study approach will be used as a model to discuss the phases of a research study from inception to publication. Participants will also learn how to critique published research, how to review literature, how to avoid plagiarism, and how to embark on their own case study reports. .
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify the types of research studies conducted in the field of upper extremity rehabilitation
- Identify the components of each stage of the research study process
- Recognize how to critique published research in the field of hand and upper extremity rehabilitation
- Recognize how to conduct a case study by applying research methodology
Attendees earn 1 continuing education hour/0.1 CEU for this webinar.
Student Members: $0
Student Non-Members: $30
*ASHT is pleased to offer this webinar complimentary to its members.
Please consider making a donation to the Vision Fund to support ASHT's advocacy efforts to educate our nation's legislators on the issues impacting the provision of hand therapy services. Learn more here.
* Note: Registrants will have access to the recording after the live event to watch on their own time