* Please note registration closes on Thursday, 9/23/21 @ 11:59 pm ET.
Title: Hands On Orthotics – San Antonio, TX
Date: September 25-26, 2021 (two-day course)
Time: 8 am – 5:00 pm
San Antonio - Downtown
400 E. Quincy Street
San Antonio, TX 78215
Cara Smith, PT, DPT, CHT and Christian Ely, MSOT, OTR/L, COMT-UE, CES, CHT
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all participants will be required to wear a mask throughout the course.
Hands On Orthotics is a lab-intensive, customized course designed to improve orthotic fabrication skills. This course is for beginner to intermediate practitioners/hand therapists. Participants receive a course manual, and orthoses are customized according to the class.
- Course participants will demonstrate ability to fabricate 16 custom orthoses
- Course participants will identify indications/contraindications of the orthoses shown below
- Course participants will demonstrate knowledge of practical applications of orthoses
- Wrist orthosis
- Forearm based thumb spica
- Hand based thumb spica
- Resting hand orthosis
- Ulnar gutter
- Hand based fracture brace
- Figure 8
- Web spacer
- Relative motion orthosis
- Posterior long arm
- Humeral fracture brace
- Low profile Radial nerve
- Static progressive metacarpophalangeal flexion orthosis
- This course has been approved for 16 contact hours, or 1.6 CEUS, from the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
- This course has been approved for 16 contact hours, or 1.6 CEUS, from the Board of Certification – Certified Athletic Trainers. (BOC-ATC).
- This course has been approved for 16 continuing competence units (16 CCUs), from the Texas Physical Therapy Association (TPTA).
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Limited enrollment is planned to ensure quality of course and ample instructor-participant attention. Cancellation of registration up to two weeks prior to course date will result in a refund minus a $50 cancellation fee. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS AFTER THIS ESTABLISHED DEADLINE. It is the responsibility of the registrant to notify ASHT of cancellation in writing or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Refunds will be issued within 30 days of notification. In the unlikely event that a course is canceled, ASHT will provide full refund of the registration fee only.
All grievances may be directed to the ASHT Education Division by sending an email to email@example.com.
For further information or questions regarding this course, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.