Title: Hands On Orthotics – Brooklyn, NY
Date: November 10, 2019
Time: 8 am – 5:00 pm
Park Sports Physical Therapy and Hand Rehabilitation
973 Fulton Street
Brooklyn, NY 11238
Gayle Severance, MS, OT/L, CHT
Hands On Orthotics is a lab-intensive, customized course designed to improve orthotic fabrication skills. This course is for intermediate practitioners/hand therapists. Participants receive a course manual, and orthoses are customized according to the class.
- Course participants will demonstrate ability to fabricate six custom orthoses
- Course participants will identify indications/contraindications of the orthoses shown below
- Course participants will demonstrate knowledge of practical applications of orthoses
- Static progressive elbow flexion
- Static progressive PIP extension
- Dart throwers
- Mid carpal instability
- Static progressive forearm rotation
- Relative motion
Attendees can earn up to 8 continuing education hours/0.8 CEUs.
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Limited enrollment is planned to ensure quality of course and ample instructor-participant attention. Cancellation of registration up to two weeks prior to course date will result in a refund minus a $50 cancellation fee. THERE WILL BE NO REFUNDS AFTER THIS ESTABLISHED DEADLINE. It is the responsibility of the registrant to notify ASHT of cancellation in writing or by email to email@example.com. Refunds will be issued within 30 days of notification. In the unlikely event that a course is canceled, ASHT will provide full refund of the registration fee only.
All grievances may be directed to the ASHT Education Division by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information or questions regarding this course, contact email@example.com or call 856-380-6862.