Date: April 27, 2017
Time: 6:00 PM PT / 7:00 PM MT / 8:00 PM CT / 9:00 PM ET
Deadline to register: April 27 at 8:00 PM ET
Presented by: Stephanie Kannas, OTD, OTR/L, CHT, CLT-LANA
Format: 45 minutes presentation, 15 minutes Q&A
This webinar will focus on establishing treatment plans and updating treatment plans for adult patients after brachial plexus reconstruction. The webinar will focus on nerve grafts, nerve transfer, and free muscle transfer reconstructions. Each treatment plan will focus on activation techniques, precautions, and appropriate timing of therapy interventions. Interventions discussed will include gravity eliminated strengthening progression, biofeedback, and use of the MyoPro.
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify the lifetime precautions after brachial plexus reconstruction using course materials.
- Identify the difference in rehabilitation techniques between nerve grafts and nerve transfers, and nerve grafts and free muscle transfers using course materials.
- List 3/3 activation techniques for 3 common brachial plexus reconstructions using course materials.
- Identify how to use biofeedback to facilitate the desired response using course materials.
- Recognize the progression of gravity-eliminated strengthening using course materials.
Attendees earn 1 continuing education hour/0.1 CEU for this webinar.
Student Members: $20
Student Non-Members: $30