Important Information on How to Register
When registering, please be certain that you complete the entire online registration process to ensure that you are indeed registered. Upon successfully registering, you will receive a registration confirmation email within 15 to 20 minutes, containing the session log-in information. If you do not receive a confirmation email and have checked your Spam folder, then you are not registered and need to go back and carefully complete the registration process again.
Date: February 20, 2019
Time: 6:00 PM PT / 7:00 PM MT / 8:00 PM CT / 9:00 PM ET
Deadline to register: February 20 at 3:00 PM ET
Presented by: Jill Yanick, OTR/L, CHT
Free to ASHT members, but registration is required
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify key intrinsic and extrinsic ligaments of the wrist.
- Define carpal instability patterns of DISI, VISI, and midcarpal instability.
- Demonstrate appropriate provocative techniques to assess wrist stability
- Identify common soft tissue injuries surrounding the wrist.
- Identify common carpal fractures.
- Discuss common surgical procedures for treatment of wrist injuries.
Attendees earn 1 continuing education hour/0.1 CEU for this course.
* Please note that only those individuals who register for the session will receive the handout and quiz for CE credit. The recording is available to all ASHT members.
The required readings for this course are:
Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity (6th ed.). Skirven, T. M., Osterman, A. L., Fedorczyk, J. M., Amadio, P. C. (Eds.).(2011). Philadelphia, PA: Mosby. ISBN: 978-0-323-05602-1
- Review Chapters 7, 13, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75
- View Video: 71-6 "Arthroscopic repair of the peripheral TFCC" (Ruch 2006)
- View Video: 72-6 "GRIT2" (Lee 2010)
- View Video: 72-7 "L-T Ballottment test" (Lee 2010)
- View Video: 74-6 "Scapholunate dissociation" (Garcia-Elias 2009)
*Note: The video is online content. When you access the book, “Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity,” information on how to access the videos is located inside the cover.
Fundamentals of Hand Therapy (2nd ed.). Cooper, C. (Ed.).(2014). St. Louis, MS: Mosby.
- Review Chapters 25 & 26
Post-Session UE Institute E-Community Q&A
After each live session, The UE Institute E-Community will host questions and answers sessions related to each monthly online session as well as general information and communication exchanges for novice hand therapists to advance their professional career and/or their preparation for the CHT exam.