Presenter: Nancy Houghton, MS, OTR/L, CHT; Joseph Gwiazda, OTR/L, CHT, CPAM; Phylllis Ross, OTD, OTR/L, CHT, CLT
Format: 1 hour 45 minutes presentation. 15 minutes Q&A
This two-hour presentation will provide an introduction to what goes into starting your own private practice. The webinar expounds upon the session presented at the 2013 ASHT Annual Meeting and will focus on start-up concepts. Information from this program will complement a planned Pre-Conference Institute at the 2014 ASHT Annual Meeting in Boston. This program has been developed by private practitioners who are members of ASHT’s Business Practice Committee.
- Participants will learn the necessary planning to start a private practice.
- Participants will understand the basics of financial planning for starting a practice.
- Participants will understand the role of marketing in private practice.
- Participants will understand the basics of taxing entities.
- Participants will understand the basics of start-up human resources.
Presented by Nancy Houghton, MS, OTR/L, CHT; Joseph Gwiazda, OTR/L, CHT, CPAM; Phyllis Ross, OTR/L, CHT, CLT
Originally presented July 2014
Duration: Two hours
CE Credit: 2 continuing education hours, or 0.2 CEUs
Student Members $20
Student Non-Members $30
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.