Presenters: Kimberly McVeigh, MBA, OTR/L, CHT
Format: 45 minutes presentation. 15 minutes Q&A
This webinar will describe current approaches to rehabilitating complex injuries to the upper extremity. The topics will include communication, problem solving, wound care, teamwork, decision making, evaluation of long-term hand function and solutions to complications that may arise in the treatments of these patients.
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
1. Identify what a mangled extremity is.
2. Identify the surgeon’s hierarchy of decision making when repairing a mangled extremity.
3. Recognize the hand therapist’s decision making hierarchy when determining when to move hand joints actively or passively based on presentation of various structures and repairs.
4. Identify the eleven essential functions of the hand.
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.