Presenter: Michael Staino, OT, CHT
Format: 45-50 minutes presentation. 10-15 minutes Q&A
This presentation highlights common wrist injuries that occur in athletic population that range from the young athlete to the professional. The topic spans the physical implications of each condition and correlates it to specific sport demands. Preventative, rehabilitative, and core strengthening applications are offered and explained. The content assumes the typical edema/wound management, range of motion, sensibility, and fine motor aspects of hand therapy are understood by the attendees. It also highlights evidence to support various handle grips, wrist supports, core strengthening and return to sport scenarios.
- Recognize specific injuries related to types of sports
- Recognize factors that affect healing and return to sport
- Recognize the equipment considerations
- Understand the importance of wrist proprioception
- Learn treatment strategies to return athlete to sport
- Expand rehabilitation toolbox
Attendees earn 1 CE hour for each webinar.
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.