Format: 45 minutes presentation. 15 minutes Q&A
This webinar will examine the evaluation and treatment of conditions creating wrist instability. The presenters will discuss normal anatomy and biomechanics of the wrist that are necessary in understanding instability patterns. The presenters will then move into conditions affecting the radial wrist including examination, differential diagnosis and treatment.
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify normal wrist biomechanics and those structures that contribute to a stable wrist capable of accepting force.
- Identify how wrist biomechanics are impaired by instability patterns in the wrist.
- Identify symptoms of radial wrist conditions and appropriate special testing utilized in ruling in/out sources of pain and instability.
- Identify an appropriate treatment plan for various conditions affecting the radial side of the wrist including orthoses and appropriate exercise interventions.
Attendees earn 1.0 continuing education contact hour / 0.1 CEU for this webinar.
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.