Dianna Lunsford, OTD, M.Ed., OTR/L, CHT
Format: 45 minutes presentation. 15 minutes Q&A
This webinar will lead participants through the development of treatment for CRPS and painful upper extremities, starting with the rationale for the traditional “scrub and carry” regimen. Evolution of current practices and recent evidence regarding new approaches will be discussed.
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify the basis for traditional loading treatments for CRPS.
- Discuss use of the parasympathetic nervous system to improve tolerance to therapy.
- Identify 3 specific treatment techniques to address the painful upper extremity.
- Outline language that promotes an adaptive attitude for coping with pain.
Attendees earn 1 continuing education contact hour / 0.1 CEU for this webinar.
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.