Ekta Pathare, FACHE, MBA, OTR, CHT & Angela Stephens, DHS, OTR/L, CHT
This webinar will provide information to affect the delivery of hand and upper extremity rehabilitation for billing and reimbursement. Issues that will be covered during the webinar include: Updates to the Medicare fee schedule, MIPS updates, telehealth rules and regulations for Medicare recipients, DME documentation requirements for billing/coding/reimbursement, and updated NCCI edits required for billing and reimbursement for patients having Medicare as a payer. Lastly, the CARES ACT of 2020 will be discussed and how the provisions of this legislation will affect delivery of care, billing, and reimbursement for 2021.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Describe the proposed 2021 Medicare fee schedule including any budget cuts that have an effect on the delivery of hand and upper extremity rehabilitation.
- Identify the Medicare rules and regulations in the delivery of telehealth for hand and upper extremity rehabilitation, including documentation requirements and reimbursement issues.
- Describe how the CARES ACT and other policy issues that were instituted during the pandemic will have an effect on the delivery of hand and upper extremity rehabilitation in 2021 for Medicare recipients.
- Identify DME reimbursement and documentation requirements for 2021.
- Identify the updates to the MIPS for 2021
- Describe NCCI edits for 2020-2021 that will have an effect on billing and reimbursement for the delivery of hand and upper extremity rehabilitation.
Originally Presented: January 2021
Duration: One hour
CE Credit: 1 continuing education hour, or 0.1 CEU
Student Members $0
Student Non-Members $30
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.