Marge Krengel, OTR/L, CHT
This webinar provides a basic introduction to how Medicare works within our legislative branch. Also, the webinar will explore important updates for the 2020 calendar year including information that will affect the practice of hand therapy for both OTs and PTs regarding documentation, reimbursement and participation in quality payment programs.
Upon completion of this course, participants will:
- Describe the 2020 Medicare changes for beneficiaries.
- Discuss updates to the physician’s fee schedule for 2020 and the effect on reimbursement for therapy services.
- List new modifiers and understand their use particularly with utilization of PTAs and COTAs.
- Demonstrate the ability to determine if they are eligible for the QPP program and know how to access additional resources.
- Describe the ability to correctly utilize KX modifiers for billing above the Medicare threshold and explain targeted medical review requirements
Originally Presented: January 2020
Duration: One hour
CE Credit: 1 continuing education hour, or 0.1 CEU
Student Members $0
Student Non-Members $30
* The ASHT Webinar Committee conducts an audit of webinars to ensure that the content is keeping up with the latest science and research. Please note that this webinar may be updated in the future. At that time, the purchased webinar will no longer be available for view.