Karol Young, OTD, OTR/L, CHT
At the end of the presentation, participants will be able to:
- Identify and understand fracture classification.
- Understand the phases of fracture healing.
- Differentiate between operative and nonoperative treatment approaches to fracture management.
- Review fractures of the hand by location and determine implications for therapy.
- Identify anatomy of the distal radioulnar joint and appreciate the biomechanics of the distal radioulnar joint.
- Differentiate between operative and nonoperative treatment of distal radius fractures.
- Appraise the literature for current treatment approaches for distal radius fractures.
- Develop a comprehensive therapeutic treatment plan and identify strategies to improve functional wrist range of motion for optimal ADL performance.
Duration: One hour
CE Credit: 1 continuing education hour, or 0.1 CEU
Rehabilitation of the Hand and Upper Extremity (6th ed.). Skirven, T. M., Osterman, A. L., Fedorczyk, J. M., Amadio, P. C. (Eds.).(2011). Philadelphia, PA: Mosby. ISBN: 978-0-323-05602-1
- Review Chapters 28-33; 69-70
Fundamentals of Hand Therapy (2nd ed.). Cooper, C. (Ed.).(2014). St. Louis, MS: Mosby
- Review Chapters 25, 27