ASHT is committed to developing emerging leaders both within the society and the hand therapy community. The Board of Directors has initiated a leadership development program, providing members with resources and leadership opportunities to achieve their goals.
Virtual Book Club
ASHT will hold its next Virtual Book Club, highlighting 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership by John C. Maxwell, on April 20, 2017 at 8 p.m. ET.
This is a free member benefit, but registration is required.
As you make your way through the book, consider the following discussion questions:
- What law/advice do you think is most valuable to someone trying to grow as a leader?
- What law does a leader need to demonstrate for you to be influenced?
- What laws do you not agree with?
- What law do you find most inspiring?
- John Maxwell emphasizes that management is not leadership. Discuss what that means to you and have you experienced this in your workplace?
- What was your favorite story about leadership?
If you have any future Virtual Book Club reading recommendations, or an idea for a leadership development program, please email ASHT@asht.org.
The ASHT Board of Directors Intern position was established to introduce ASHT members to the process of board governance, nonprofit budget construction and ASHT activities. This opportunity will provide the intern with an experience to enhance his/her career in hand therapy, and help develop leadership skills that lead to future participation as a committee chair, division director or board member. This also provides a unique networking opportunity with ASHT leaders from around the country.
A call for interested board intern candidates will be sent in mid-2017. For more information, please email ASHT@asht.org.