The Nominations Committee conducts the society’s nomination process through completion of the ballot. The committee is responsible for reviewing applications for vacant board positions and recommending the final slate. Upon completion, the committee will note any proposed process changes and submit to the Board of Directors.
2019 Nominations Committee
Kimatha Grice, OTD, OTR, CHT
Rhonda K Powell, OTD, OTR/L, CHT
Tatiena Sierra Smith
Criteria to Serve on the Nominations Committee
- Must be an Active or Associate member of ASHT for at least two years
- Previous volunteer experience with ASHT is preferred
- When candidate pool allows, committee should include both physical and occupational therapists
- Committee members are selected through the call for volunteers sent to membership in January
- Committee members are appointed to one-year terms, and can serve up to three terms
Applicant resumes are reviewed by the committee chair and approved by the ASHT Board of Directors.
Nominations Committee Timeline
|January||E-blast to members inviting applications to serve on the Nominations Committee|
|April||Committee members rate nominee questionnaires|
|April||Committee convenes by conference call to decide final slate|
|May||Committee chair announces slate to Board of Directors|
|May||Slate is announced to ASHT members|
Interested in participating on a division, committee or ASHT project? Please review our current volunteer opportunities.