August Journal Club Chat
Format: 60 minute online chat
Exercise and Osteoarthritis Symptomatology: A Controlled Crossover Trial
JHT, Vol 22, Jan 2009, Pg 10-18
ASHT members are invited to join the ASHT Journal Club. The Journal Club is the official online forum for the Journal of Hand Therapy. Members earn one free continuing education hour for participating in each one hour Journal Club chat.
- Understand the established research question(s) and identify the rationale for the question(s).
- Understand and define the purpose(s) of the article as described by the author(s).
- Understand the evidence level of the article according to Sackett's hierarchy.
- Identify the application of the author’s conclusion to clinical practice.
- Identify the limitations of the article’s outcome as it applies to the existing body of evidence and to clinical practice.
Introduction and Standard Questions
- In an effort to improve participation and productivity, we have created five standard questions which will be used for each monthly Journal Club Chat. The five questions will be the same each month.
- What is the research topic/problem?
- What is the purpose of the study?
- What is the level of evidence? What qualifies it to be that level?
- What were the results of the study?
- Will this change your practice? Why or why not and how?
Attendees earn 1 CE hour for each webinar.
Members Only: FREE