Using the Internet as a Clinical Resource: Searching the Literature
Presented by Sue Michlovitz, PT, PhD, CHT
6:00 PM PT/ 7:00 PM MT/ 8:00 PM CT/ 9:00 PM ET
Format: 45-50 minutes presentation. 10-15 minutes Q&A.
Attendees earn 1 CE hour for each webinar.
This webinar will focus on finding resources through the internet including data bases to enhance clinical decision making and patient education. Participants will learn the basics of searching for and accessing literature related to clinical questions posed in hand therapy. In addition, we will describe how to access information on search engines that our patients may be using to learn about their conditions.
- Discuss resources on internet for clinical decision making and professional development
- Understand how to frame a clinical question for a literature search
- Discuss availability and how to access on line data bases
- Discuss open access journals
- Explain search term strategies
- Describe on line resources available to our patients