Every year many talented, hard working ASHT members help advance the hand therapy profession and patient care through volunteer service.
We know you’re busy, but we encourage you to make time to get involved with ASHT. Participating in the Society often returns unexpected dividends – improved leadership skills, connections with hand therapists all over the country and a better understanding of the issues facing hand therapists in an increasingly complex health care environment.
ASHT has a number of ways for you to get involved. Some take only a few hours, while others require an ongoing time commitment. All positions require computer and internet proficiency and regular access to email. If you have time and energy to spare, please review our committee descriptions below. If you are interested in volunteering for a particular committee, please submit a letter of interest along with your current CV to ASHT@asht.org with the name of the committee in the subject line.
The purpose of the Exhibitor Advisory Committee (EAC) is to foster communication between ASHT and its exhibitors, specifically by reviewing and commenting on current and proposed exhibit regulations and practices affecting exhibitors, advising ways in which the exposition could be improved for exhibitors and attendees, identifying additional information useful to exhibitors and providing a forum for exhibitor feedback.
ASHT is seeking up to three members, each for either a one or two year term of service. This committee is charged with the following roles, responsibilities and functions for the 2013 ASHT Annual Meeting:
- Must be a current sponsor and/or exhibitor in 2013, able to make unbiased decisions and play a neutral role for the overall good of the Annual Meeting and society.
- Act as a “voice” and advocate for the sponsors and exhibitors who are participating in the 2013 ASHT Annual Meeting.
- Help to address any issues that might develop following committee discussions.
- Ensure sponsors and exhibitors have an optimum networking experience at the Annual Meeting by developing new methods for generating on-site brand exposure and awareness.
- Assist with the creation and development of new and exciting traffic-building activities on the show floor, e.g. ideation exercises, product theaters (Innovation Lounge), passport books, etc.
- Assist with the development and scheduling of ASHT’s Affiliate Event Opportunities such as Focus Groups, Tech Suites, and Innovation Lounge sessions.
- Assist with show floor growth by helping to identify new industry segments and vertical markets that should be aligned with the ASHT community, bringing heightened levels of value and benefit to the constituency overall.
Fore more information or to apply, download the 2013 Exhibitor Advisory Committee application.
The ASHT Research Division is looking for individuals generally interested in research, as well as those interested in developing a mentoring program for research in hand therapy. Preference is given to individuals with experience in developing, organizing or presenting hand therapy research. Volunteers must be current ASHT members, and attendance at the ASHT Annual Meeting is preferred. To apply, please send your CV, short biography and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASHT seeks enthusiastic, knowledgeable volunteer leaders with a keen interest in legislative, regulatory, practice management/coding and reimbursement issues to serve on the Legislation & Reimbursement Committee. Joining the division is an excellent opportunity to collaborate with other members and develop a desperately needed resource for ASHT. The division researches, monitors, informs and makes recommendations to the ASHT membership regarding current legislative and regulatory issues that impact the state and national practice of occupational and physical therapists, and develops and provides resources for reimbursement issues facing our members.
Please send your resume and a letter of intent (including evidence of experience commensurate with the committee) to ASHT@asht.org.
The Business Practice Committee (BPC) supports hand therapists who want to open a private practice or those who presently own and/or manage practices in today's healthcare environment by producing resources, disseminating information and responding to contemporary hand therapy business issues. The committee seeks members with experience and a high level in the business of owning/running a practice, availability to assist with inquiries and attend conference calls, interest in working with other dynamic individuals as part of a team and a willingness to invest a one- or three-year commitment as a BPC member. If interested, please send your resume and letter of intent to ASHT@asht.org.
ASHT seeks Active members to serve on the 2013 Awards Committee. The committee is responsible for selecting awards recipients according to established criteria and providing feedback on the process. The awards will be presented at the ASHT 36th Annual Meeting. The bulk of responsibilities for this position takes place from July to October.
To apply, send your resume, contact information and a paragraph explaining why you are interested in volunteering for the ASHT International Commitee to email@example.com.
Volunteers are the heart of any organization.
Thank you for helping ASHT make a difference.